Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Labor and Delivery


It was about 7am the morning of July 5th when I started noticing the contractions. I woke Bren up and told him that I thought I was feeling something. He shot up out of bed and ran to the office to grab paper and a pen to start timing the conractions. They were weak and pretty far apart (30 minutes) at first. After a trip to Lake Ponderosa for the annual McKnight 4th of July party at Matt and Leslie's, they started getting closer together. We headed for home and by around 7pm that night they were more like 5 minutes apart. After a few more hours of increasingly strong contractions, we finally left for the Hospital at about 10:30pm. I was oficially admitted to Mercy at around 1 am on Sunday morning. I thought I would be a "tough girl" and go without an epidural. That lasted until about 3:30am when I finally got one. I started pushing at 6:25 am and Ryder William was born at 6:37am. Not too bad for the first one!

No comments: